According to information from the City of Hartford’s website, the HouseHartford Homebuyer Assistance Program was created by the City of Hartford, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and Fannie Mae.
The program offers low and moderate-income home buyers down payment assistance for the purchase of one- to four-family homes located in the City of Hartford.
HouseHartford promotes livable and sustainable neighborhoods by making the dream of homeownership attainable for many families who may not otherwise qualify for a mortgage.
The City of Hartford partners with local and national banks, real estate attorneys, and home buyer counseling agencies to administer this program, and since its inception, the program has assisted more than 1,300 families in attaining the dream of homeownership.
Step 1. Review the Guidelines
- What type of properties are eligible? 1-4 family homes and condominium units located in the City of Hartford.
- What is the amount of home buyer assistance that one can receive? Potential home buyers can receive up to 20% of the purchase price in down payment assistance up to a maximum assistance of $40,000. Restrictions may apply.
- Who can apply? Low and moderate-income potential homeowners can apply for assistance under this program. Program restrictions are based on the total annual household income of the applicant. The total annual household income of the home buyer cannot exceed the income limits as shown on the HouseHartford brochure, based on household size. These maximum income limits are established by HUD and are based on 80% of the Hartford Area Median Family Income.
Step 2. Contact a Participating Lender
Contact one of the participating lenders below and inform them of your interest in applying for the HouseHartford program. The lender will submit the HouseHartford application to the City on your behalf.
- American Eagle Financial C.U. – 860.568.2020
- Embrace Home Loans – 860.919.7755
- Fairway Independent Mortgage – 860.803.0810
- First World Mortgage – 860.785.4066
- Guild Mortgage Company, LLC – 860.462.8553
- Liberty Bank – 860.982.6601
Step 3. Complete the Program Interest Form
Interested in learning more about the House Hartford program? Complete and submit the form after clicking the link below and a member of the City of Hartford Housing staff will contact you.
Source: City of Hartford