The Route 44 Safety Improvement Project has been updated:
For The Week of September 23, 2019
- Sidewalk reconstruction continues on the north side of Albany between Edgewood and Vine.
- Concrete bus pads installation continues on Albany between Homestead and Oakland. Expect partial lane closures.
- Utility work and other preparation for roadway paving will occur on Albany and side streets from Homestead to Oakland. Roadway milling will begin Sunday night (9/29) from 7 pm to 5 am.
- Installation of granite curb will occur on the north side of Albany between Edgewood and Vine. Expect partial lane closures around the construction zone.
- Installation of conduit and light pole foundations continues on the south side of Albany between Garden and Bedford and also on the north side of Albany between Edgewood and Vine.
- Traffic signal foundation installation and other electrical work continue on the southwest corner of Garden and Albany.
- Brick paver installation continues on the south side of Albany between Irving and Garden and also at the Burton intersection.
The Micro Business Incubator (Small Business Practicum) would like to thank Amy Zeng, Dean of the Barney School of Business for being a guest speaker during class on Monday, September 16, 2019. Dean Zeng spoke about the importance of service-learning and educated the students on how practicums are important to both the University of Hartford and the students.