The following are questions on 1409 Albany Ave project as discussed;
1) The existing site BINSWANGER sign will it be removed b the owner prior to the start of construction?
2) The bushes along the building where the new entrance is to be located, only the ones where the new entrance stoop and sidewalk are located are to be removed, the remaining bushes are to remain?
3) Provide (4)New bushes at the transformer?
Yes . We would prefer if possible to resue the ones removed from the entry area.
4) Concrete –
A)The new stoop and stairs are to include frost walls?
B) The extent of the Concrete sidewalk will be from the stairs to the existing street sidewalk on Albany Ave. The width will be 7’ 4”( match the storefront width) with a thickness of 6″
Correct the minimum concrete thickness and all other design features are to be per the City of Hartford sidewalk specifications
C) Please provide if a base material is required with details? See above
5) Provide composition details of the two sides and top panels at the new front entrance?
Wood framed with stucco finish detail to be provided at “walk thru”
6) Provide composition details for the new windows and storefront framing and glass?
See attach specification and technical material from “Child Guard”
7) The old generator house drawing shows two louvers being replaced with New Windows, is this to be included with the bid?
8) Elevation # 06 – Remove existing doors with new entry doors, provide type of doors to be provided along with hardware requirements?
Per the “Child Guard” system with panic hardware.
9) Provide details for the material and installation of the new entrance guardrail .
Rail drawing will be provided
10) To demo existing exterior wall for new openings, is saw cutting of the Concrete Masonry Units acceptable with no retoothing of the CMU?
Window openings must be finished to match existing openings (will review at walk thru)
11) What items of the interior will need protection from the demolition activities?
All existing. You will be required to protect, clean up, patch, and make good all areas disturbed by the construction.
12) What if any items will need to be patched from the demolition activities?
13) The sign above the new storefront, will this be provided by the owner? If not please provide material and installation details for this sign.
The sign will be provided by the owner you will be responsible for the installation
14) Light fixtures at the entrance.
A) An allowance of $500 to purchase each of the three exterior fixtures at the front entrance(Total allowance of $1,500) is to be included in the bid.
B) The circuits and switch will be by the Owner
C) Mounting of the fixtures will be carried in the bid.
15) Cost for City of Hartford Building Permit required to be carried in the Bid.
Additional detail to be provided at the walk thru.