Welcome to the Upper Albany Main Street (UAMS) Commercial Facade Improvement Program. Upper Albany Main Street’s Facade Program (CFIP) was developed in partnership with the University of Hartford, Connecticut’s Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD), the City of Hartford and the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.
The Goal of the CFIP is to:
- Stimulate development by providing incentives that increase existing business investment, promote business sustainability and restore the grandeur of Hartford’s Albany Avenue historic district.
- Create an “area of destination’ by encouraging new and innovative investments in retail and other goods, product and services.
- Complete the City of Hartford’s development plan and CT Department of Transportation (CTDOT) Route 44 Safety Improvement and Streetscape Project, while integrating modern commercial building facades with new roads and street enhancements.
- Create attractive, code-compliant facades for commercial structures along Albany and Homestead Avenues in the Upper Albany communities.
For questions relating to the Facade, please contact:
- Vinette at (860) 768-5743
- Ellsworth at (860) 299-5040