Attendence: William Galarza, Jimmy Flintroy, Wifredo Calvente, Keith Wood, Keith Tinker, Ackley Beaumont, Michael Curley, Jeremy Galeota, Anthony Rinaldi, Councilwoman rJo Winch, Marcus Jarvis, Patricia Neb, Precious Ross-Ellis, Christine Grant, Yvette Mosely, Celestia Simmons, Audley McClean.
Meeting- Meeting called to order at 10:20 by Marilyn Risi.
Minutes- Motion to accept the Minutes of May 13, 2010 by Keith Tinker. Meeting was duly made and seconded. Unanimous.
Route 44 Improvement Project
- Forward movement is at a standstill due to stall in DOT/State funding.
- MDC working with City of Hartford, looking to address sewers below Hartford.
- MDC at 100% in design of sewer.
- City at 70% with design for Rte 44.
- City is currently looking for ways to fill funding gap for the Rte 44 improvement project.
Committee discussed formation of a sub-committee to focus on the Route 44 Safety Improvement project. Keith Tinker volunteered to chair this subcommittee. Members who volunteered to serve on the committee are as follows: Denise Best, Keith Tinker, Councilwoman rJo Winch, Patricia Neb, Marcus Jarvis, Precious Ross-Ellis, Christine Grant, and Audley McClean.
A meeting will be calendared for early next week. Members will be notified of the meeting date.
- The project is currently on schedule.
- First shovel for groundbreaking will be in June.
- The company that was hired to raze the library is currently investigating the condition of the library in order to complete their bid for demolition.
- Update provided by Mike Curley and Jeremy Galeota
- Edgewood Street
- Progressing – Expanded scope to include all new sewer lines and complete street resurfacing curb to curb with new sidewalks.
- Sewage work completed.
- Plumber has replumbed all homes, working on extending new laterals to basements starting on the north side first. Currently 42% complete.
- New water main installed.
- Tree planting postponed until fall.
- Burton Street project includes four streets: Irving, Magnolia, Sigourney, and Burton
- Project includes new water mains, storm drains, and sewers.
- CNG upgrading gas lines in on all four streets.
- Construction Schedule for MDC is as follows Sigourney and Burton this construction season and Irving and Magnolia to be constructed in 2011.
- Garden Street
- Same phase as Burton with utility work, upgrading and connections. Not yet under construction.
- Community outreach meetings held in an effort to keep residents and business owners informed.
- rJo Winch will be hosting a Meet and Greet on June 4th from 6 to 9pm at Mr. Pizza and Apron Strings.
Meeting adjourned at 11:30am