Hartford Flood Compensation Program

Application for compensation under the Hartford Flood Compensation Program begins today, September 1, 2023.  The application form,  a guide to completing the application, and instructions for completing the application are available on the  Office of the State Comptroller’s (OSC) website. The links below provide easy access to the documents:

    • The step-by-step guide on how to submit the application may be accessed by clicking here.
    • The application form may be accessed by clicking here.
    • The instructions for applying may be accessed by clicking here.

According to the OSC, completed applications and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:

    1. By mail: Attention: Office of the State Comptroller/Hartford Flood Compensation Program, 165 Capitol Ave., Hartford, CT 06106
    2. By email: HartfordFloodHelp@ct.gov
    3. In-person: Blue Hills Civic Association, 1229 Albany Ave, Third Floor, Suite 306, Hartford, CT 06112


    • STEP 1: Complete the application and gather supporting documentation (including proof of Hartford residency, proof of ownership of property, and all insurance documentation (including policies and claim information) – if applicable
    • STEP 2: Mail or email the application WITH supporting documentation to the locations outlined above.
    • STEP 3: An eligibility determination (or request for additional information) will be made within 30 days of receipt of your completed application (applications are only complete once all supporting documentation has been provided).
      • Applicants who are deemed eligible must hire an estimator or contractor (approved by the program administrator) to conduct an onsite visit to verify the damages and provide an estimate verifying the cost to repair those damages.
        • In some instances, a virtual inspection, photos, or video documentation of damages may be submitted instead of an onsite visit (at the discretion of the program administrator).
        • All documentation, estimates, photos, and videos will be reviewed and approved, denied, or modified by the program administrator.
      • STEP 4: Once an administrator’s final determination is made, payments will be mailed to approved applicants at the residential address provided on their application. Appeals of a decision by the administrator must be done in writing and sent to:

Office of the State Comptroller, 165 Capitol Avenue, Hartford CT 06106.

      • All appeal determinations by the Comptroller and/or its third-party administrator will be final.


      • Two (2) forms of Proof of Identity. Acceptable forms of identity are listed in the next section.
      • Two (2) forms of Proof of Hartford Residency. Acceptable forms of Hartford residency are listed in the next section.
      • Proof of ownership of real property. Acceptable proof of ownership is a property tax bill.
      • Documentation of any insurance claim submitted and/or paid.
      • Documentation showing repairs that have already been completed.
      • An inspection report that is deemed eligible by the program administrator

ACCEPTED PROOF OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTATION (As proof of identity, you must present copies of two (2) forms of identification):

      • US or US Territory Birth Certificate or Registration of Birth (Hospital issued and Puerto Rico issued before July 1, 2010, is not acceptable; foreign place of birth see Non-US Born)
      • Unexpired US Passport or Passport Card
      • Unexpired Foreign Passport
      • Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570)
      • Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
      • Unexpired Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
      • US Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240, DS-1350 or FS-545)
      • Social Security Card
      • Unexpired Connecticut-issued ID card, driver’s license, or learner’s permit
      • Out-of-State US photo driver’s license £ US Territory or Canadian photo driver’s license (Unexpired)
      • Out of State US or Canadian-issued photo learner’s permit
      • Certified school transcript
      • A baptismal certificate or similar document
      • Marriage or Civil Union Certificate
      • Court Order: Must contain full name and date of birth (i.e., name change, adoption, marriage, or civil union dissolution)
      • Connecticut State Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers
      • US Military ID or dependent card with photo
      • Military discharge/separation papers (DD-214)
      • State or Federal Employee Identification with signature and photo and/or physical description with or without date of birth
      • CT Department of Correction certificate (CN101503)
      • Pilot’s license (issued by the US DOT Federal Aviation Administration)
      • Employment Authorization Document (I-766 or I-688B)
      • Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)
      • Federally Recognized Tribal Member ID card
      • DHS Trusted Traveler Cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)

ACCEPTED PROOF OF HARTFORD RESIDENCY DOCUMENTATION (You must provide copies of two (2) different forms of documentation from the list below to prove Connecticut residency):

These documents must show your name and your Hartford residence address, be dated within ninety (90) days (unless stated otherwise below), and be computer generated (typed). Acceptable documents are:

    • Postmarked mail
    • Bill from a bank or mortgage company, utility company, credit card company, doctor, or hospital
    • Bank statement showing the name and mailing address of the bank
    • Pre-printed pay stub showing the name and address of your employer
    • Property or excise tax bill dated within the previous 12 months
    • Valid unexpired CT driver’s license, learner’s permit, or ID card with the same address
    • Current valid homeowner’s, renter’s policy, or motor vehicle insurance card or policy dated within the previous 12 months
    • Current valid Connecticut motor vehicle registration
    • Current motor vehicle loan statement for a motor vehicle registered in your name
    • Residential mortgage, lease, or rental contract signatures from all parties needed to execute the agreement and dated within the previous 12 months
    • Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing your prior and current address (Form CNL107)
    • Official school records showing enrollment
    • Report card


  1. Completed Application
  2. Supporting documentation
  3. Inspection report (deemed eligible by the administrator)